Our new safety measures for in person events
Your safety is our top priority. For every NHF event, we have put a number of measures in place to keep you safe, so you can relax and enjoy catching up with your peers.
Prior to attending the event
- Do not travel or attend the event in-person if you have any coronavirus symptoms, the details of which can be found on the NHS website.
- If you have been instructed to self-isolate you must not attend either.
- We recommend that you take a lateral flow test 48 hours prior to attending one of our events.
- You must pre-register for our events so we can safely manage numbers on site – any walk-ins will not be admitted.
- On arrival you will be asked to do a temperature check and self-declaration of health, and there will be an opportunity to check into the NHS Test and Trace app.
- We ask that you wash your hands or use hand sanitiser as soon as you arrive.
- Once inside our venue you will be signposted to the NHF registration area where a socially distanced queueing system will be in place.
- You will collect a badge and lanyard on arrival but we won’t be supplying printed materials. The agenda and delegate list can be accessed via the event app.
- A cloakroom or bag/coat drop will be available, however we recommend you bring as little to the venue as possible.
- Current government advice states that events do not require vaccine passports so we will not be asking for these on arrival.
- We are closely monitoring further announcements and will contact you directly should anything change.
Mask wearing and distancing
- While it’s no longer a legal obligation to wear face coverings indoors, we recommend delegates wear masks in crowded areas inside our venues.
- All NHF event staff and venue staff will wear face coverings at all times, unless they have a medical exemption.
- There will be no social distancing or one way systems after registration as we have chosen large venues with plenty of space.
- We will create wider spaced seating areas in the session rooms, where possible.
- Session times will be staggered as much as possible to avoid queues and groups gathering.
- We plan to offer everyone colour-coded wristbands, so you can show others how you feel about social contact.
Additional safety measures
- Enhanced cleaning will take place at all our venues, particularly in high traffic areas.
- Most of our venues will have enhanced ventilation.
- Sanitation stations will be available throughout our venues.
- We have minimised the use of printed materials and recommend not to exchange business cards during the event.
- The event app provides all relevant information and allows you to exchange details through QR code scanning (except Asset Management and Maintenance conference).
If you have any questions please contact our Customer Service team on the details below.