The 2020 Code of Governance was guided by a three-stage review process, to ensure that all of our members – as well as residents and stakeholders – had the opportunity to feed in thoughts and comments. Many thanks to all those who contributed to this review and helped to shape the content.
1. Open consultation
The first phase of the consultation centered around the core principles framing the code.
(Closed 13 March)
2. Collaborative drafting process
We appointed Campbell Tickell to work with us and our advisory group on the drafting of a new code. The new draft, informed by responses to our first phase consultation, was shared with members and stakeholders in our final phase consultation.
3. Final consultation on draft code
In the final phase of the consultation, which began on 5 August, we shared the draft code with members and stakeholders for their input. Find out more about this part of the process.
(Closed 6 September)
The development of the 2020 Code of Governance was guided by an advisory group of members. The members of the group brought to the process a wide range of expertise and perspectives in the housing sector and beyond.
- Nick Abbey, Chair, Hundred Houses Society and Chair, Tower Hamlets Community Housing (Nick has since stood down as Chair and Sara Garnham is now Chair)
- Neil Blanchard, Chief Executive, Southdown Housing Association
- Janet Boston, Tenant Advisory Panel member
- Anne Chapman, Assistant Director – Governance and Compliance, Golding Homes, Deputy Chair, Eldon Housing and Vice-Chair, CIH
- Steve Douglas CBE, Chair, One Housing Group
- Dawn Fowler-Stevens, Group Growth & Assurance Director, Aster and Trustee Board Member, Enham Trust
- Adrian Gordon, Governance Manager, Together Housing Group
- Sarah Greenhalgh, Partner, Bevan Brittan LLP
- Mark Henderson, Chief Executive, Home Group
- Grainne Heselwood, Chair, Salix Homes
- Bjorn Howard, Group Chief Executive, Aster Group
- Pamela Leonce, Chair, Inquilab Housing Association
- Maxine Loftus, Senior Assistant Director of Regulatory Operations, Regulator of Social Housing
- Chris Martin, Group Company Secretary and Legal Services Director, Places for People Group
- Reverend James Olanipekun, Vice Chair of the Board, Poplar HARCA
- Zoe Ollerearnshaw, Director of Governance, Hyde Housing
- Dave Shaw, Head of Governance, Great Places Housing Group
- Fayann Simpson OBE, Board Member, L&Q
- James Tickell, Partner, Campbell Tickell
- Joanne Tilley, Executive Director of Corporate Services, emh group